Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mac v. PC

While completing the "Computer Buying Project," I came to the realization that I prefer PC's over Mac's. Though the aesthetics of Mac's are definitely very appealing, the layout of the desktop on Mac's always confuse me, and I can never figure out how to use any of the applications. I have used PC's my whole life, during which time I have become relatively proficient at using computers, so I better stick to what I know. My choice of computer was the HP Chromebook. This computer really appeals to me because it fills my needs as a student. I use a laptop a lot, so I would like good battery life, but I also don't use it for anything complicated. Most, if not all, of my days work is on the internet. The Chromebook was a perfect fit for me because it was cheap, an appealing characteristic to a student with barely any source of income. It also is simple, so it does not confuse me or cause me to cry out against the stubbornness of technology every time I try to do something. But also, it uses only Google applications. Google applications are becoming more and more popular every day because they are easy to use, and internet based. I see Google as the future of how we use our computers and the internet, so I think a Google Chromebook is a great choice of computer.

1 comment:

  1. I also believe PCs are better than Macs, and that students don’t need all the extra features on a Mac that make it more expensive. I think Google creating the Chromebook was a very good move on their part because more and more people are definitely using their applications.

    ReplyDelete