Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Code.org

Today in Computer Applications we were introduced to code. I first activity I did was the "write your first computer program" tutorial that had you drag blocks to make an angry bird icon move. This tutorial was very useful because it introduced me to the basic concepts on coding and began to teach me to think like a coder, all well appearing to be a game.The second activity I did was Lightbot. Lightbot was also a good activity because like the angry bird game, it taught you how to think through your commands and make sure you do everything as efficiently as possible.The last activity I did was the Lost In Space game from Tynker.This activity was a good way to introduce coding to young people because it was a simple and easy to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment